FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to take care when using Chinese lanterns after a stray one set fire to the roof of a school on Saturday night. Crews from Croydon were called to Purley Oaks primary school in Bynes Road, South Croydon at 10.30pm after reports of the lantern landing on the roof. A firefighter said the resulting fire had caused relatively minor damage to the roof. He said: "We are continually issuing warning about people letting these lanterns go. They can be very dangerous because there is no control over where they land."
More Pages to Explore .....