Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Boxing day carbon monoxide leak in Thornton Heath a false alarm

0
0

A BLOCK of flats was evacuated on Boxing Day evening after a feared carbon monoxide leak which transpired to be a false alarm.

Police, fire crews and the ambulance hazardous area response team all went to the scene on Pawsons Road, Thornton Heath at 6.15pm on December 26 after reports of a high reading from a carbon monoxide detector.

A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said all twelve flats in the block were evacuated, with twelve adults and seven children out of their homes for two hours.

But when fire crews checked the building they did not find any elevated readings.

The suspected leak was thought to have started in the flat of a 75-year-old woman, who London Ambulance Service (LAS) said was taken to St George's hospital with a head injury.

Paramedics checked the other residents but they did not need to go to hospital.

Chris Hawkswell, an LAS tactical advisor, paid tribute to his colleagues at the scene on Twitter: "A shout out to @LondonFire & @MPSCroydon for a joint effort to deal with the incident quickly."

Boxing day carbon monoxide leak in Thornton Heath a false alarm


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images