Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Fire brigade warning after woman injured in chip pan fire in Shrublands

0
0
A woman received minor burns yesterday (Friday) night after she poured water on a chip pan when the oil inside caught alight. The incident has prompted a warning from the fire brigade telling people never to try and quell a flaming pan with water. Richard Melrose, watch manager at Addington fire station, said the incident occurred at a flat in Myrtle Road, Shrublands while the woman was cooking a meal. He said: "She lifted the pan from the stove into the sink and poured water onto it which caused a flashover,leaving her with minor burns. "She was lucky, she could have suffered more serious injuries." Mr Melrose urged people to take care when trying to deal with a chip pan fire. He said: "They should either smother the pan with a damp cloth or put a lid on it and then leave it. "Our message is never use water."

Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images