Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation after fire in her Coulsdon home

0
0

A WOMAN in her 70s suffered smoke inhalation after fire broke out in the bedroom of her house in Redford Avenue, Coulsdon yesterday (Saturday) evening. The woman was treated by ambulance crews at the scene and firefighters say the fact she had a smoke alarm fitted in the house prevented a more serious fire. The crew from Purley, using breathing apparatus, had the fire out within minutes but the bedroom was badly damaged. Watch manager, Phil Newbery, said the woman was alerted to the fire when a smoke alarm went off at around 8.30pm. She inhaled smoke when she went upstairs to investigate. The woman returned downstairs immediately, led her two grandchildren, who were with her in the house, outside and called the fire brigade. Mr Newbery said: "This shows the importance of having a smoke alarm fitted in your home. "The woman was alerted by the alarm and we were able to get to the scene and put the fire out within a couple of minutes. "The alarm helped stop a small fire possibly becoming something a lot bigger."

Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation after fire in her Coulsdon home


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images