A MAN recovering in hospital after falling ill during the illegal rave in East Croydon has told police he collapsed because of something he drank. The Advertiser reported earlier this week that detectives are investigating whether 15-year-old Rio Andrew, who died in hospital two days after the rave, had drank from a bottle of beer laced with party drug ketamine. A post mortem was held on Wednesday but a toxicology report has yet to be completed. The police have said they believe the schoolboy, from Notting Hill, died due to the "adverse effect" of drugs taken during the rave at the former Royal Mail delivery office last Saturday. Commander Simon Letchford told the Advertiser this week: "One line of inquiry is this suggestion that he may have drank something from a bottle. That's one line we're taking. "We need to establish whether someone has provided him with an illegal drug and, if so, to try and identify the individuals who supplied it to him. Police do not believe Rio knew the 19-year-old who also collapsed during the rave. But the man has told detectives he too drank from a bottle before falling ill. "The man who is in hospital is speaking but he's not particularly well," said Commander Letchford. "He's telling us what happened and we're following that as a line of inquiry. "He says he took a drink at the event. We don't know exactly what happened. That will be up to him to explain when he's well enough. "He's saying he drank something when he was there and that may or may not be the cause of his illness. "We will follow that line of inquiry and would ask for witnesses to come forward if people saw anyone supplying illegal drugs." Anyone with information is asked to call Croydon CID on 020 3276 2264.
More Pages to Explore .....