Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Woman treated in hospital after central Croydon flat fire

0
0
A WOMAN in her 20s was treated in hospital for burns to her hand after a fire in the kitchen of her flat in Wellesley Road, Croydon this morning (Sunday). The small fire broke out at 5.30am as the woman was cooking her breakfast and fat in a pan caught alight. A firefighter at Croydon fire station said the woman had tried to put the fire out with water which caused it to spread. Occupants of three other flats in the former IYLO tower were evacuated after they were alerted by smoke alarms in the building. No-one else was hurt. The firefighter said: "We would remind people never to try to put out a fire involving fat with water. "The fact other people were alerted by the smoke alarms is also a reminder of how important it is to have an alarm installed."

Woman treated in hospital after central Croydon flat fire


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images