Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Two people rescued from South Norwood flat blaze started by candle

0
0
TWO people were rescued during a fire at a block of flats in South Norwood. Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus rescued a woman from a first floor flat in Whitworth Road at 9.30pm yesterday (Sunday). A man also had to be helped free from a second floor flat. Four fire engines from Woodside station and two from Norbury were sent to the blaze, which began when curtains next to a lit candle caught fire in a ground floor apartment. Around 30 per cent of the flat was damaged, a London Fire Brigade (LFB) spokesman said. Four people were treated for shock and smoke inhalation by London Ambulance Service, including the two people rescued from the building. Firefighters were able to control the blaze and left the scene at around midnight. As well as leaving a candle next to a pair of curtains, there was not a fire alarm in the flat. "It was lucky it wasn't later in the evening or the consequences could have been far more serious," a firefighter who attended the scene said.

Two people rescued from South Norwood flat blaze started by candle


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images