Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Garden shed 'explodes' in heatwave

0
0
A SHED has burned to the ground after the soaring temperatures caused aerosols on the windowsill to explode. Firefighters were called to the shed, adjoining a house in Towpath Way, Addiscombe, at around 4.30pm this afternoon. The owner was in the house at the time, but no-one was injured, firefighters said. A spokesman for Woodside's green watch said: "We believe it was the aerosal cans that started it, with the amount of heat we have had. "The temperatures and direct sunlight over a period of time can start a reaction - it could take two to three days if you leave something on the windowsill." Four fire engines attended, two from Croydon, one from Norbury and one from Woodside. The fire spokesman added: "Most of the family was out - the husband was there and it scared the life out of him. The first thing he knew was of it was when it went 'bang'. "It is a little message not to leave things in direct sunlight." There was minor damage to the house, he added.

Garden shed 'explodes' in heatwave


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images