UNATTENDED cooking has started fires in three separate homes across Croydon this weekend. No-one was injured in any of the fires, but all caused significant damage to kitchens. On Saturday at around 4.30pm, Croydon fire brigade was called to a kitchen fire in Cherry Tree Green, Sanderstead. A spokesman for Croydon's blue watch said: "It was caused by something left in the oven. "It was reported by a neighbour who heard the smoke alarm and called the fire brigade. "The owner turned up as we were there." On Saturday at around 5pm, Woodside fire brigade was called to a kitchen fire in Charnwood Road, Selhurst. A spokesman for Woodside's blue watch said: "They had left the cooking and came back and a pan had set alight." And on Sunday at around 1.50pm, New Addington's fire brigade was called to a kitchen fire in Headley Drive. A spokesman for New Addington's green watch said: "It was some cooking that they left unattended and it just caught fire. "The next-door neighbour saw smoke coming out and they went over and just put it out. "It mainly affected the kitchen area."
More Pages to Explore .....