This is Croydon today is a new feature on the Advertiser's website which summarises the day's main stories in Croydon.
- Two men appeared at Croydon Magistrates' Court this morning charged with the murder of Danny Gough in December 2010.
- The eldest son of a pensioner who collapsed and died after returning to his home to find it had been burgled has described how he tried to save his father's life. Earlier this morning a post mortem gave Stanley Amarasinghe's cause of death as heart failure.
- A man has pleaded not guilty to murdering Janelle Duncan-Bailey. Jerome McDonald, 30, allegedly strangled his former partner and left her body in a car in Thornton Heath.
- Police have appealed for help in finding a missing 12-year-old who has links to Croydon. SuadaGashi, from Lewisham, was last seen when she boarded a non-stop coach from Birmingham to London Victoria on Tuesday morning.
- Magistrates ruled that the case against an autistic man accused of a bomb hoax during the Olympics should go to trial despite concerns about the strength of the evidence against him.
- Police arrested a man on the roof of a Tesco supermarket in South Croydon with the help of a police helicopter and London Fire Brigade.