Quantcast
Channel: Croydon Advertiser Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Boiler fault causes flat in East Croydon to fill with smoke

0
0
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a flat in East Croydon in the early hours of this morning after a faulty boiler caused it to fill with smoke. The occupant of the flat in Chepstow Rise managed to escape after noticing the smoke at around 2.30am today (Friday). A crew from Croydon Fire Station's green watch were sent to the scene and quickly had the situation under control. An engine from Addington Fire Station also attended but was not needed. A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: "There was a problem with the boiler which caused one of the rooms in the flat to fill with smoke. "Luckily the occupant had already left the building when we arrived. It was under control quite quickly."

Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 5354

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images